Monday, October 3, 2016

Absolute Thai, The Gardens Mall, KL

Last week, I was meeting up with my ex-talent manager, so I suggested Absolute Thai in The Gardens Mall as our lunch venue. We ordered several dishes to share, and the appetizers and mains all arrived at the same time. 


Hubby fancied the Mieng Kam (RM22), a traditional Thai appetizer of betel leaves, with 7 heavenly condiments. The condiments included toasted peanuts, dried shrimp, toasted coconut, lime, shallots, ginger, and bird's eye chilli. Place the palm sugar paste on the leaves, followed by all the condiments, wrap and eat. We enjoyed this appetizer, but I found this pretty expensive if compared to the other dishes that we ordered here.



They don't serve plain water here, so we ordered the Thai iced tea (RM11.90) and Thai iced coffee (RM11.90). Tasted nice at the start, but too much ice made it too diluted after 15 minutes.



Since I have a "kaki" today to share tom yum with, we also ordered the Spicy tom yum soup with seafood (RM19), And wow, the tom yum soup was really spicy but addictive at the same time, so we couldn't stop drinking it even though our mouths were burning. LOL. In the soup, there was one prawn, fish, and squid.



We had the Green curry chicken (RM21), this was also quite spicy. Tasted good though. The portion was also quite generous. See why I said the mieng kam is expensive now?



Our friend recommended the pandan leaves chicken (4 pcs for RM20) and it was good. The chicken was juicy and tender.



All the best in your future undertakings, Sam!


Then, we went for dessert at Delectable by Su. Best chocolate dessert - 7 sins of chocolate (RM13).


Opening times: 11am to 10pm daily.

Price: Total bill RM136.65.

Location: Absolute Thai The Gardens, T-219, 3rd Floor, The Gardens Mall, Mid Valley City, Lingkaran Syed Putra, 59200 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

Tel: 03-2287 7708

Website: https://www.facebook.com/AbsoluteThai/




If you enjoyed reading my posts, LIKE me on Facebook! You can also follow me on Instagram (@babysumo) for more photo updates or Dayre for daily updates.. Thanks :)

1 comment:

  1. Yummmmm!!!! I love Thai! Oooooo...mieng kam! I like. What? No, mango sticky rice! That's a must for me everytime I go Thai.

    ReplyDelete

Please drop any comments or questions you may have here. Thank you so much for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...